Many people applied, and many people impressed us, but in the end, there could be only one.
Welcome to WBNQ, our new morning friend, all the way from Cincinnati, Mr. John Davies.
Enjoy the Q&A video, which includes a nice walk through of the Radio Bloomington building. See the full question list (with answers) below.
- What’s your morning routine?
430 alarm, bowl of cereal
- What’s your favorite thing to do on a Sunday?
Sleep, maybe watch some EPL
- Who was your first celebrity crush?
Kimberly The Pink Power Rower, now its Bree Larson
- How did you get into radio?
Always had a love for entertaining and music, Got a radio promotions ream gig a few months after college, 5 years later here I am
- What is your favorite song right now?
Side Effects – Chainsmokers are even better Live
- Are you excited to work with your Susan?
My work wife and I are about to be the best of friends
- What would be your first question after being frozen for 100 years?
Are Ubers flying cars yet?
- What’s the best concert you’ve ever been to?
Kanye – Bonnaroo
- What’s your main hobby right now?
FIFA on Xbox find me at JMTDavies
I also waste a lot of time weatching FB cooking videos
- What hobby have you given up that you wish you hadn’t?
- What’s your favorite part of Bloomington-Normal so far?
The food options obviously! I’m never going to go hungry here
- What’s your favorite sports team?
Big Soccer fan, England National team, The pride of West London Chelsea FC, and new MLS addition FC Cincinnati
- What’s your favorite song to sing in the car?
Guilty pleasure… singing along to Phantom of the Opera
- What’s the most annoying habit others have?
What’s your favorite drink?
I’m pretty easy, buy me a PBR Vodka soda. Take me on vacation though and we better be drinking out of coconuts
- What famous person would you most love to have dinner with?
- What famous person would you most love to have brunch with?
- Any embarrassing stories from your childhood
I once tried to run away with the elephants at the circus
- If you didn’t have to sleep what would you do with the extra time?
I’d see more movies
- What’s something people are obsessed with that you don’t get?
- Something that everyone has to try
Go to Bonnaroo
- Are you hiding anything
Don’t look in my deep freezer and I have really smelly feet
- Do you cook?
I make a mean Chicken Salad
I really like the muppets, and British humor
- Social media in frequency of use order-go!
Insta – FB – youtube – Reddit – twitter
- What are you listening to now?
Run the Jewels and the new Jungle Album
- Best date
Dancing and sunsets
- if you HAD to get a face tat, what would you get?
Hear John Davies Monday through Friday mornings, 5:30 to 10am on 101.5 FM, on the WBNQ App, Streaming on WBNQ.com, and by telling ALEXA to “Play WBNQ”