(Photo CreditL Flickr/Editor B)
Some think that "Bosses Day" was created to guilt those who forgot "Administrative Professionals Day".
Today is Administrative Professionals Day. Wednesday in a the last full week of April is always on the calender as the day you should salute those in your office who support the whole team with their unique and far reaching skills. Patience, is the top requirement for anyone to be considered a great assistant in any office.
A new survey by Staples reveals that 66% of employees believe the office's administrative assistant is the biggest team player in the office. Other findings:
- 50% of employees believe the office's administrative assistant is underpaid
- 30% of administrative assistants have covered for their boss with 20% doing so on a weekly basis
- Ellen DeGeneres is the most sought-after celebrity boss, with nearly 70% of respondents choosing her as the celebrity they'd most like to work for as an admin for the day
- 30% of offices will celebrate Administrative Professionals Day tomorrow
- 59% of employees believe administrative professionals have "super-human" powers
An Administrative Professionals Day survey by Staples reveals that 65% of workers believe their office would fall apart without their administrative assistant. Only 30% believe the office would fall apart without their boss.
The editors of BusinessManagementDaily.com asked administrative assistants to weigh in with the craziest requests they've received. Here is a list of the best:
--Susan Saunders 4/24/13