Best & Worst Times to Travel for Thanksgiving
- Even though you probably already have your Thanksgiving travel plans in place, AAA has a few suggestions you might want to consider to avoid big traffic headaches.
- Today (Wednesday) is expected to be the busiest weekday travel day since the start of the pandemic.
- AAA officials say it’s best to either leave super early in the morning or wait until late in the evening if possible.
- AAA says the worst time to drive on Wednesday will be between 12 p.m. and 8 p.m.
- The best time to leave today? After 9 p.m.
- If you decide to wait until Thanksgiving to hit the road, the heaviest travel times are expected to be between 12 p.m. and 3 p.m.